Thursday 3 October 2013

Deep Blue Sea

I stand here on the shore, 
looking out at the sea so blue.
Trying to remember your face.
It seams so long a go, you left me standing alone
When you went away that day.
You left me with friends and family.
But it just does not seam the same.

I love you know as I loved you then,

Even though I should move on.

I think of what our life might be 

If I’d made you stay in bed.
Told the children to lie 
about monsters under the bed.

I gather my strength from the memories

and love you gave to me.
With each wave that crashes upon the shore.
I see you in her arms.
In every crowed I see you there
Even though I no that it is not true.
I keep seeing you there

I love you know as I loved you then,

Even though I should move on.

I think of what our life might be,

If I’d made you late that day,
Fetched you breakfasts in bed,
And even hidden your keys.

Would you be here with me,

Instead of laying upon her bed

Your farther he once told me,

That you were married to the sea.
And now you lay with in her arm 
at the bottom of the deep blue sea.

I stand here on the shore, 

looking out at the deep blue sea.
Remembering your face.
And the life that we once sheered
And all the memories you gave to me

I love you know as I loved you then,

And I promise I will move.
I’ll hold on to the memories 
and the love you gave to me

Until that day I see your face. 

And you hold me in your arms
Because our love is stronger then any ocean,
And deeper then any sea.

I love you knowl as I loved you then, 

Deeper then the deep blue sea.


© sarah patel

No comments: